- Integrated weatherproof slip ring, encoder, and amplifier assembly
- 10 circuit weatherproof slip ring with 5 data channel capacity
- High accuracy encoder with outputs of 60, 256, 360, 500 or 512 ppr
- Optional two analog outputs that provide wheel speed and wheel rotational position
- Precision strain gage and/or thermocouple rotating amplifiers
- High signal quality strain gage amplifier provides bridge power, electronic shunt calibration
- Durable construction
The Michigan Scientific Weatherproof Slip Ring/Encoder/Amplifier Assembly is ideal for collecting data in wheel applications. The assembly consists of a 10 circuit weatherproof slip ring with pulse encoder and can accommodate multiple strain gage and thermocouple rotating amplifiers all enclosed in a weatherproof housing. An adapter plate enables the assembly to mount to a variety of bolt circle patterns. All components in the assembly are durable and designed to withstand severe testing environments. This system is typically used for wheel applications, however, it is suitable for other applications in which weatherproof instrumentation is required.
Superior data accuracy is achieved by locating precision amplifiers on the rotating side of the slip ring. This configuration greatly improves signal quality because the amplifier is located closer to the sensor which reduces errors due to long lead wires, connector resistance variations, electro-magnetic interference, and temperature gradients across slip ring contacts.
The Weatherproof Slip Ring/Encoder/Amplifier Assembly can be customized to meet the user’s testing requirements. If additional strain gage and/or thermocouple channels are required, higher channel capacity slip ring models are available. The additional amplifiers may be arrayed around the adapter plate. Similar systems are available for use on crankshafts and other components that rotate up to 20,000 RPM.
Higher capacity slip ring models are available. Contact Michigan Scientific for more information.