Michigan Scientific Corporation (MSC) has an immediate need for full time slip ring assembly technicians to begin working in 2018.
MSC is looking for candidates interested in working at our Charlevoix, MI facility. The ideal candidate will hold a completed (or soon to be completed) associate’s degree or certificate in a technology related field. Interested applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree will also be considered.
This position will require applicants to inspect, test, assemble, and repair slip rings.
Applicants should have a strong aptitude for hands on work and should possess or be willing to learn skills such as; soldering, basic machining, part preparation techniques, circuit board population, and oscilloscope and multimeter operation.
Primary Job Responsibilities
– Assembling slip rings to meet production schedules
– Ability to identify and implement assembly improvements
– Maintain inventory records
– Communicate and coordinate with other employees to efficiently time production needs
– Completed or graduating in 2018 with a certificate or associate’s degree
– Experience with soldering strongly preferred, but training can be provided to the right candidates
– Basic electronic circuit understanding and knowledge of equipment such as volt meters and oscilloscopes
– Basic knowledge and understanding of machining and manufacturing methods, or ability to learn
– Strong ability for performing hands on work
– Ability to coordinates multiple tasks simultaneously
– Ability to independently determine tasks and complete them in a timely manner
Michigan Scientific was incorporated in 1960 and has a team of over 100 engineers, technicians, machinists, and fabricators. We are a leading manufacturer of automotive test equipment and specialize in obtaining measurements from rotating equipment. Our product lines include slip rings, force transducers, signal conditioning electronics, wireless telemetry, fiber-optic systems, and load wheel transducer systems. We also routinely design and manufacture custom force transducers.
If you are interested in joining the Michigan Scientific team, please fill out an application here.
Check out our Careers page for more available positions.